PROMITOR® Soluble Corn Fiber is a fiber with prebiotic properties
Vester Boler et al. British Journal of Nutrition. Epub ahead of print May 31, 2011.
- Treatment: 21 grams of PROMITOR® Soluble Corn Fiber 70 was fed to 21 men for 3 weeks and compared to a no-fiber control treatment.
- Measurements: Gas, intestinal comfort and multiple stool measurements, including gut bacteria amount were observed.
• PROMITOR® Soluble Corn Fiber produced some mild intestinal symptoms compared to a no-fiber control, but all tolerance scores were low. Stool weight increased over control treatment.
• Good bacteria (bifidobacterium) increased in the stool, demonstrating a positive prebiotic effect.
• Improvements were found in several fecal chemistry markers of gut health compared to no-fiber control.
- The impact for consumers: PROMITOR® Soluble Corn Fiber 70 may improve gut health and is well tolerated.
Click here for the full abstract and journal article.